I wrote these two for a class assignment. It was hard to get under the word limit. The first had to be exactly 100 and the second had to be under 55 to qualify as nanofiction.
Wasted 100
I dive behind the counter. There was just one man left. I hear him step closer.
Four of them had surprised me. They knocked down my door upstairs. The fight spilled into the hall. I got one guy in the chest. I ran down the stairs, spiraling round. No one was in the lobby. I took two down from behind the bar doors. One left.
I look down at my gun from behind the bar counter. One last bullet. I had wasted so many. I jump up and aim. We see each other at the same time.
Bang.
“You’re dead.”
------------------------
Mud and Blood
“How did you get so muddy?” his mother said, “It hasn’t rained in weeks”
He remembered walking to school. He came upon some boys he never liked and who never liked him. The sprinklers were on and he was outnumbered.
“How did you get that nosebleed?” the teacher asked. He pointed to the muddy boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment